St Alipius Parish Worship arrangements
Updated October 29, 2022
Parish Remembrance Mass
This weekend we remember our loved ones who have died this year. Our Remembrance Mass was recorded at the Saturday vigil. If you would like to view Mass and the beautiful homily presented by Deacon Joe, please click the image below.
During November, the Liturgy Committee is focussing on Liturgical Ministry Training
These sessions are for those:
- currently involved in the Liturgy Ministries for both the Ballarat East & Buninyong communities.
- New people looking to become involved.
People from both communities can attend either of the venues.
- Wednesday November 2, 7pm – 8pm @ St Alipius
- Wednesday November 9, 7pm – 8pm @ Ss Peter & Paul
Special Ministers of the Eucharist
- Wednesday November 16, 7pm – 8pm @ St Alipius
- Wednesday November 23, 7pm – 8pm @ Ss Peter & Paul
- Saturday November 5, 7pm – 7.30pm (after Vigil Mass) @ St Alipius
- Sunday November 6, 10am – 10.30am (after 9am Mass ) @ St Alipius
- Sunday November 6, 11.30am – 12pm (after 10.30am Mass) @ Ss Peter & Paul
- Saturday November 5, 10am – 10.45am @ St Alipius
- Saturday December 3, 10am – 10.45am @ St Alipius
Liturgy Roster November 2022 through to January 2023
The Liturgy Roster for November 2022 through to January 2023 is now ready.
The Roster will be made available in the following ways:
- Use the link provided to you in your Roster email. With all the data breaches we’ve seen recently, it is probably unwise to make the online roster available through this website. Consequently, all those involved in the Liturgy Ministries have been sent an email with the links.
- You can also collect a physical roster from the Sacristy.
- You can view your roster in the ZenShifts App
- Each Friday those on the roster for the weekend will receive a sms message or a Zenshits reminder.
- New people having attended training will be swapped into the new roster as appropriate.
Christmas & New Year
With Christmas and New Year covered during this roster, people have been allocated to the various Masses for Christmas Eve (6pm, 9pm & midnight) along with New Year’s eve (6pm & midnight). Both of these fall on a Saturday this year.
If you find you are unable to attend your rostered Mass, please use the following to organise your swap:
- use the WhatsApp app to let others in your ministry that you are unavailable and need a swap. See the Roster Email with links to join the WhatsApp groups. Responses are monitored & ZenShifts is updated.
- Organise your swaps at the training sessions through November & let the Liturgy Committee know by using the WhatsApp app or by contacting David personally.
|On arrival at the church||QR code are no longer required.|
For all Masses, Our Welcomers will greet you with a smile and warm welcome to our community celebration of Mass.
|Face Masks||Face masks are no longer mandatory. However, people who feel that face masks provide them with an extra level of security should feel perfectly comfortable with your decision to wear one.|
|Socially distancing||Please remain 1.5m (socially distanced) from those not in your home environment.|
|Liturgy Ministries||There is no better way to engage in the celebration of Mass, than by active participation. Be part of the growing ministries available for you to be involved. See below for more details or click on the ‘Ministry Roster’ menu tab.|
|If you are feeling unwell||We do request that ANYONE who may be experiencing cold or flu symptoms to refrain from attending Mass during this pandemic time and, instead, have a Covid-19 test.|
If you are on the Liturgy Roster, please ensure that your WCC Check documents are provided to the Parish Office as soon as possible.
The Liturgy Roster is being managed by David Santamaria through the Parish Office and our online systems during 2022.